Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hair today, gone tomorrow

I have been in Japan for over 3 months now. I have less than 3 weeks until I return to America. Its pretty sad. Mainly because I have seen so many cool things that I will never see again.... Okonomiyaki parties, salary men on pink bicycles, and ofcourse purikura,.... among many other things. One thing I also appreciated here was fashion. While many people focus on clothing, I have also been interested in hair as well. So I took a couple of pictures of hair I have seen here. One is a photo of a Japanese student's hair with a cool blue path in it..... very liberal of him..... The second photo is of a foreigner student from Australia, who's hair style was inspired by Japanese fashion..... Both are very cool. And it reminds me of how terrible it is that I am going bald. The best thing I can do, is purchase really fashionable hats.....  pity...
You cant see, but on the other side of his head, his hair is red!!

This is just a cool haircut....... There is no denying.
Besides cool hair, I have seen people wearing glasses with no lens, and tons of colored contacts, among many other things solely in the name of fashion. This is very unique to me and I will miss it when I am gone. Just as much,.... I miss my own hair :(  --- peace.

1 comment:

  1. Now I understand the hats - I didn't know... There is a lot of interesting style in Japan - great subjects for visual anthropology.

    ReplyDelete