Thursday, December 9, 2010

Changed Impressions

I was looking out the window of the 3rd floor of my classroom building and realized I will miss this place when I leave next week. So I took this photo to remember the scenary and I began to reflect of my experience in Hirakata, Osaka, Japan....


 Alot of my initial impressions have changed since I came here. The impression that has changed the most is that of Japanese women. And that is also what I will miss the most about Japan (in a friendly way....... for the most part) - Before I came here, I had the impression that Japanese women are overly passive, too obidient to rules, and therefore perhaps not much fun to be a plutonic friend with. - After spending time here, that impression has changed dramatically. I met many cool chicks that came to beer park at the strangest hours just to meet me for a beer or two.... I met many chicks that I could share secrets with and vice versa! I will certainly miss my friends here, which turned out to be mostly female (given the gender inbalance at Kansai Gaidai) soooo,... I decided to use my final blog to post some pictures of some cool chicks, that I took.
she lives in cie hallway with her friends. i wonder how much they are paying for rent.... anyway she is always down for beerpark so shes cool in my book!

She always had my back when I needed a cigarette - shes even prettier without the mask - probably the most american japanese girl i know, this chick
She knows more curse words than me!! her favorite phrase: "Bitch PLEASE! Cuz I CAN!"


 
When I return to America, I plan to participate more in helping foreign students at my home university, similar to the many Nihonjin that helped me! (not just females; the guys are great too!)

The impression most strongly changed about Japanese folks is my new awareness of the extent of their kindness! I lost my wallet a few months ago. An older Japanese fellow managed to find it on the street and turned it into the police station with all the money still in there. I was surprised to say the least. I want to become more like this in America as well!!

1 comment:

  1. I am a little surprised with your text after hearing about your Japanese presentation with Nick... I am happy to hear you will help foreign students back home - certainly a positive influence from your time in Japan. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete