Monday, November 22, 2010

Kamaoka, Japan

Here you will see a rural town in Japan.... yes they exist!!! The town of Kamaoka is huge in terms of space and probable also in cow population, but fails to match most Japanese City's human population. Myself and my Oklahoma friends from OSU went together as guests, as our school is Stillwater Oklahoma,.... and Kameoka and Stillwater have a "sister city" alliance! We ate free breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We also received free overnight lodging, met cool people, and played some games during the trip. It was very fun. The most surprising part for me was to see rural life in Japan. I honestly didn't believe it existed before going to Kamaoka!! ---- Furthermore, the following photo was taken by me as this is no ordinary building. It is actually a replica of the 1st classroom building ever built at Oklahoma State University, "Old Central"... However, this photo was taken in Japan!!!!                            Here, below, you can see the original, which still exists in Oklahoma. I used to see this building often, before coming abroad. The photo was retrieved from the website http://www.lasr.net/travel/city.php?Oklahoma+Museum+of+Higher+Education&City_ID=OK0410027&VA=Y&Attraction_ID=OK0410027a006
 Below you can see an example of the vast grassland that I saw. Nice!!
This final photo was taken inside the guest house that my friends and I slept in. It was huge! And the food was great! I would love to return sometime in the future and I highly recomend people abroad travel not just to tourist attractions, such as Tokyo and Hiroshima, but also to places like this. You can get a good idea of unique culture this way and plus not many folks have seen foreigners in places like that so its fun for them too sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had another great and educational experience. There are actually many rural towns in Japan - most of Japan can be considered inaka... All of these sister city relationships are interesting, especially the different ways in which they are celebrated and play out. Thanks for sharing this on your blog. I'd like to read and see more...

    ReplyDelete